Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Travel hair dryer / flat iron?

I'm looking for a website where I can buy a travel hair dryer and straightener that can be used in England, Wales, Ireland, and Scotland. I know that Scotland has different voltage from the other three, but if I have something that uses 220V, will it still work in England where it's 230V? I guess that's really my main question.



I have traveled before with adaptors, but I always felt like even with the adaptors my appliances would get super hot. It just didn't seem right.



Thanks!



Travel hair dryer / flat iron?

Appliances are rated 220/240V, so would work within those numbers.



I don't know if you live in the UK or are traveling from the US. If the latter, consider purchasing a dual voltage appliance, so you could use it at home and when traveling.



Here's one:



http://www.magellans.com/store/Toiletrie...



Travel hair dryer / flat iron?

Its probably cheaper to get your things at Walmart



Alot of the ConAir products automatically adjust to their voltage and will state "dual voltage" on the packaging.



I never had a problem using their curling iron overseas



If you buy a travel hair dryer it normally has a little round thing that you turn from 120 to 220 - You just need to buy the prong adapters



Travel hair dryer / flat iron?

All those countries use the same voltage and it's the USA (okay that's just an assumption that that is where you are travelling from?) that uses a higher voltage in the appliances.



That being said, I have found serious problems with adaptars bought in the USA working in the UK due to the plugs not fitting.



USA plugs look like this: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im...



While UK plugs look like this:



http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im...



Basically they don't fit and I've yet to find the right adaptor sold in the USA to work in the UK. Good luck to you if you have found one!

No comments:

Post a Comment